The people of India agitated against the arrival of Simon Commission because
In the context of Indian history, the principle of ‘Dyarchy (diarchy)’ refers to
In the Federation established by The Government of India Act of 1935, residuary powers were given to the
Consider the following statements about ‘the Charter Act of 1813’:
- It ended the trade monopoly of the East India Company in India except for trade in tea and trade with China.
- It asserted the sovereignty of the British Crown over the Indian territories held by the Company.
- The revenues of India were now controlled by the British Parliament. Which of the statements given above are correct?
What was/were the object/objects of Queen Victoria's Proclamation (1858)?
- To disclaim any intention to annex Indian States
- To place the Indian administration under the British Crown.
- To regulate East India Company's trade with India Select the correct answer using the code given below.